Click below for Court Procedures beginning June 8th
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 262-495-4459 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Palmyra Municipal Court
PO Box 368
Palmyra, WI 53156
Checks or money orders made out to the Village of Palmyra.
DO NOT SEND CASH. If you wish to make cash payments, arrive before court.
You can now pay Village fees with a credit or debit card or use your checking or savings info. to pay electronically.
Simply call 262-495-8316 or stop at the Village Clerk's Office to pay Village fees via electronic funds. You may also make a payment yourself by clicking on the link below.
Palmyra Municipal Court is held twice per month except for May and December. It is held the 2nd and 4th Monday.
During May and December it is held on the 2nd Monday only.
Court starts at 7:00 pm. Court hours are limited.
Clerk Hours: Court nights 5:00 - 8:00 p.m and Thursday before court 5-8:00 pm.
To speak to the Court call: 262-495-4459
Court Attorney- Christopher Schultz, Municipal Law & Litigation 262-548-1340
Honorable Charles A Warren, Sr
Laura L Koplinski
Palmyra Municipal Court deals with Village Ordinances that include traffic citations, Municipal code violations and parking tickets. These violations have occurred within Village of Palmyra limits.
If your citation indicated it, you must appear in person on the indicated court date to enter your plea, unless a not guilty plea has been entered in writing prior to the assigned court date. If you do not have to appear you have the following options:
- If you do not wish to contest the matter, you may pay your forfeiture. Please enclose a copy of your citation. The court will enter a plea of no contest with a finding of guilty. - no appearance is necessary.
- You may enter a not guilty plea prior to your court date, then the matter will be scheduled for a pretrial conference with the village attorney.
- You may enter your plea in court on the court date indicated on your citation.
- Juveniles 16 years of age and under with a non-traffic offense must be accompanied by a parent and will be seen by the judge in closed chambers.
There are three options in which to plea:
- Guilty - admitting guilt to the violation
- No contest - a statement indicating that you do not wish to contest the charge on the citation, the judge must find you guilty upon a no contest plea, but the plea cannot be used as evidence against you in a civil suit for damages.
- Not Guilty - Indicates you would like to contest the charges on the citation.
Failure to appear in court, pay your forfeiture or enter a not guilty plea prior to your initial court appearance date will result in a default judgment to be entered with a no contest plea, finding of guilty and all penalties will be imposed.
Rescheduling of a Court Date:
If you are unable to appear on your scheduled court date, you may contact the court at 262-495-4459 to reschedule your initial appearance. You are only allowed to reschedule once.
All requests must be received by the court office prior to your scheduled court date.